Steps to Natural Gas Conversion for Fleets: The Trillium Pathway
Natural gas conversion or converting your fleet to another alternative fuel may seem like a daunting task, but it doesn't have to be. With an expert team to guide you, conversion to natural gas can seem simple once all is said and done. Here are a few first steps for fleet managers and sustainability officers to consider if fuel savings and cleaning up you carbon footprint is a priority for 2018.
- Call a Trillium representative!
- We can walk you through the subsequent steps and answer any questions that may arise along the way.
- Consider how you classify your fleet.
- Which of your trucks are best suited for natural gas engine conversion? Do you have some trucks that return to base, while others run a dedicated route? Are there any existing CNG stations along that route?
- Hit the web to research government grants or alternative fuel tax credits.
- Does your state or local government offer grants or tax credits for converting to an alternative fuel? A Trillium employee can assist you with grant applications.
- Order your new CNG vehicles.
- It will take about 90 days for them to be delivered. Would you prefer to lease instead of own? Perhaps you'd like to do a test run with CNG? One of our expert team members can point you in the right direction.
- Plan your route.
- One of Trillium's team members can help you plan your route to ensure you don't run out of fuel along the way. This could include discounted retail pricing so you can save extra at the pump!
- Is your fleet coming back home every night? You may want to consider building a station on your own property. The capital expense can be offset with long-term fuel pricing. After all, station Design, Build, Operations, and Maintenance is the hallmark of Trillium's offerings.
- Ask us about other ways to make your fueling experience more green.
- Trillium offers Renewable Natural Gas in some areas of the country - the cleanest fuel in the world with a NEGATIVE carbon footprint.
- Find a CNG certified mechanic in your area.
- If something goes wrong with your truck, you'll want an experienced CNG mechanic on speed dial to ensure you get back on the road as quickly as possible!
- Reap the rewards of natural gas conversion!
- You're saving money on fuel. You're lowering your environmental impact, and you may receive grants or other government funds in the process. Sounds like a win-win to us!
For additional questions how natural gas conversion works best for your fleet, contact Trillium at firstname.lastname@example.org.